Residency Programs Will Blatantly Lie to Your Face?

Don’t believe me? Ask ANY resident. I got proof from three during my research to write this article:

Me: Anyone in here get totally dissed by a program?

Ortho dude 1: Yeah, my buddy got F@*! by the anesthesia program at ______.

Ortho dude 2: Honestly, you can’t listen to a thing a program will say to you when it comes to the match.

Me: Happened to a friend of mine to, with Gen Surg. They were like: ‘Oh, we’ll totally rank you first if you rank us first. What do ya say, buddy?’ And then he got chooched* and didn’t match there.

(*chooched: slang for disrespected)

Ortho dude 1: (to med student ortho wanna be) They’re workin’ the system, don’t let them work you.

Me: Mind if I quote you on that, Ortho dude 1? It’d make a pretty good topic for my site…

Ortho dude 1: Sure, dork.


And there you have it. Programs will blatantly lie to your face.

If they tell you that they’ll rank you first if you rank them first, look elsewhere for a residency program.

Besides, it’s against the NRMP match guidelines, and if you break those, I think you go to jail or something. It’s worse than ripping those tags off of mattresses.

Website Thanks

Our site was built with major help from Michael Leung and El Diablo.

We'd also like to thank Ross Smith, who made our fancy new logo.

We also love MyCoolButton.com.